There never really is a wrong time of year to get your heater serviced, but is there an ideal time for your heater’s yearly maintenance? As the winter months approach, your heater needs to be effective and efficient. If you can’t remember the last time an HVAC professional worked on your heater, it is definitely time for a tune-up.
When it comes to scheduling your heater’s maintenance for the upcoming year, when should you do it? Here we will discuss when and why planning your heater’s service schedule is vital to the safety and comfort of you and your family:
Why is Yearly Maintenance Important?
Setting a schedule for maintenance on your home’s heating system should be a priority for everyone. Think about the work being done to your heater, like tuning-up your car. You wouldn’t wait to get your oil changed, or tires rotated. Yet, many times homeowners put off maintenance on their home’s heater. There are many reasons to make sure your heater is checked at least annually by an HVAC technician.
- Increased lifespan of the heater: regular maintenance can extend the life of your heater and its components.
- Increased efficiency: a properly maintained heater will be more efficient when it heats your home.
- Reduced risk of breakdown: spotting problems during a routine service can prevent you from losing your heater when you need it the most.
- Increased performance: a heater that is running properly will perform better at maintaining the heat in your home.
- Warranty requirement: if your heater is newer, it may still be under warranty. Most manufacturers require homeowners to regularly service new heaters for warranty compliance.
There are many benefits to yearly scheduling maintenance to your heating system. Yet that still begs the question; Is there a best time of year to do it?
When Should I Schedule Maintenance?
JC & JC HVAC Mechanical Contractors advises having your heater serviced in late autumn or early winter. There are several reasons for this:
- Preventative maintenance: spotting potential problems and correcting them before winter when a heater is used the most.
- Better performance: ensuring your heater efficiently heats your home on those cold winter nights.
- Decreased cost: scheduling a service appointment before the middle of winter will cost you less than an expensive emergency visit if the unit breaks down.
Taking the steps to schedule maintenance for your heater in the late autumn or early days of winter gives you peace of mind. Your family will have a recently serviced heater you can rely on when you need it the most.
JC & JC HVAC Mechanical Contractors is the premier source for HVAC maintenance. Our expert technicians are trained in the latest technologies! If you are looking for first-class service or installation of a heating system in Silver Spring, MD, or the surrounding area, contact us today.